Do you want to get scuba diving certification Ottawa before you go to a dive ? If you can join a club you can get the SSI scuba diving license and maybe some diving in before your trip. you can refresh skills and practice also. If you need to ask then maybe your not as confident as you think. Maybe just get more diving in and you will know when the time is right. Sharky’s Scuba provide dive porgams such:
- OPEN WATER SESSIONS: For SSI Open Water Full Certification, with course completion with Sharky’s – You will complete at least 4 open water dives and have the chance to experience everything you learned in the pool hands-on.
- In general, an Open Water Diver course consists of 3 parts: Academics, Pool Training and Open Water Sessions.
- POOL TRAINING: For your pool and open water training your instructor will fit you to your scuba equipment so you will become comfortable in your “second skin”.
- Becoming an SSI Open Water Diver is the best way to start your scuba adventure due to worldwide recognition! With personalized training and taking enough time, we make sure you are truly comfortable under water with the skills and equipment you will use.
- You then complete the open water dives at another dive training facility, such as an exotic destination while on a scuba vacation.
- For SSI Open Water Referral course, with course completion at another dive shop – A popular option, especially during the winter months, is the Open Water Referral course.
- After successful completion of your open water training dives you will become a Certified Diver.
- Before the beginning of the course, students will also need to purchase the following scuba quality items: mask, snorkel, fins, and booties (if purchasing open-heel fins.) All available at Sharky’s.
- You will bring along your own scuba quality mask, snorkel, fins, and booties (if using open-heel fins.) There are 5 pool sessions, from 9pm to 11:30 pm at the Plant Recreational Centre pool, corner of Preston and Somerset.
- You can complete the academics online when you sign up for SSI’s Online Training program, and then attend review sessions at Sharky’s classrooms above our store, from 6pm to 8:30pm.
- There is an additional $100.+tx rental fee for gear used during the open water dives and a refundable $100.
- The SSI Open Water Diver certification is recognized worldwide so your diving experiences will be limitless.
- Training requires being in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water.
- The indoor theory and pool sessions are completed through Sharky’s for a fee of $299 + tx.
- — Students are responsible for transporting themselves and the gear from Sharky’s to each pool session and OW weekend day, and back to Sharky’s after each session and OW day.
- The full OW course and the Referral course both run at the same time, on the same dates, either every Tuesday or Thursday for 5 weeks, or every Tuesday and Thursday for 2.5 weeks.
- Pool dives and knowledge development sessions are offered all year except Dec.
- If you choose this option, please specify it when you come in to Sharky’s for course signup.
- Please come in to Sharky’s well before the beginning of the course for payment and signup, etc.
1226 Wellington St W
Ottawa, ON K1Y 3A1
TEL: (613) 728-0188
Get the scuba diving license classroom online ahead of time. The 5 dives required for advanced. I highly recommend it, and it doesn’t necessarily mean you are doing more advanced dives, just that you are advancing your skill-set as a diver.